Saturday, July 24, 2010

Discussion Reflection

After participating in group discussion this week, I have found that many of us feel much more confident with our use of webtools, along with having a broader perspective of what is available to use in the classroom. I have long wanted to post a self made video on teacher tube, but never had the confidence to do so. Through this course, I posted my first video, and now feel comfortable with how I can have students do the same.

I am excited to start planning lessons that allow me to show off my new webtools, and like so many others mentioned, I am interested in the student response. Since my teaching assignment changed, I will be teaching the same group of students that I had last year. I think this situation will allow me to get student feedback because so much of the new web tools have a different focus from the technology that I used last year. I am excited to change their use of the web from search-and-find to create and collaborate. That is really what the message has been for me, that I need to focus on using technology to get students working and thinking together to create something of their own. I am looking forward to seeing what my students are capable of producing!

1 comment:

  1. Create and collaborate! This IS exactly what we did in this class and is the primary take home message! I think it would be a great classroom poster placed where all can see and be reminded of the process.

    ReplyDelete